Why choose Custom Sounds
Reasons to buy your products here
Custom Sounds is not just an online business. We are a retailer in Austin TX, San Antonio TX, El Paso TX , St. Louis MO. and Oklahoma City, OK. We currently have 20+ locations and have been around for over 3 decades. This is important because we've seen many websites come and go, so we want to assure you that we are not going anywhere. You can count on us to be here when you need us for products, support, service and installation.
Unlike most car audio websites whose advisors just work at a desk, Custom Sounds' advisors must have a minimum of one full year of “on the sales floor” experience before helping online customers. Custom Sounds tech support comes FREE with every purchase.
Most in-stock items ordered by 2PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday ship the same day.
Over the past 30+ years, hundreds of thousands of people have trusted Custom Sounds to assist them with their selling, installing and enjoyment of their car audio needs.
Expert, easy to understand help. 7 days a week. We are the car audio experts, and our tech support staff is ready to help you set up and use the equipment you buy from us. Our support is staffed by real installers and car audio experts.
Why should you purchase from an Authorized Internet Retailer?
1. Your warranty will be honored. Many manufacturers only honor service request for warranty if the item was purchased from an Authorized Retailer. You may be asked to show proof of purchase in the form of a dated invoice from an Authorized Retailer. Custom Sounds is and Authorized Retailer for every item we sell online.
2. You can be sure your equipment was intended to be sold in the U.S. Many "gray market" units look the same as those sold in the US, but they may not meet the same performance and safety specifications. They're not likely to be UL listed, so they may be unsafe. They may lack all or some of the accessories provided with U.S. models. They may be difficult or even impossible to repair. Many will not work with US radio stations.
3. You benefit because many manufacturers provide Authorized Retailers with thorough, ongoing training. Manufacturers make sure Authorized Retailers learn how to set up and use their products. And they typically inform their Authorized Retailers about any product recalls, modifications or software updates. You can count on an Authorized Retailer to pass any important information they receive on to you.
What questions should you ask any electronics retailer?
1. Are they an Authorized Retailer?
If they say no, Buyer Beware!!. Is there a reason that consumer electronics manufacturers will not work in partnership with this dealer? Should you have confidence in this retailer if the people who make the gear do not? Will your warranty be valid? Can you be sure the gear you're receiving is safe, UL-listed, and designed for use in the U.S.? They may not even send you the product you purchased!!
2. If there's a problem with your purchase, who can you call for help?
Many people like to talk about customer service, but what do those words really mean? People who purchase from Custom Sounds gain toll-free access to highly-trained Technical Advisors 7 days a week. And our Technical Advisors provide the solutions our customers need. That could mean anything from explaining a diagram in an owner's manual to spending however long it takes to help a customer hook up an entire system, one wire at a time.
3. Do they have a proven track record?
Custom Sounds has been in the Car Audio Business since 1987. We were named the car audio retailer of the year on numerous occasions by installation news magazine and have been featured in numerous car audio magazines and industry publications. Our CEO was a founder of both the Mobile Electronics Retailers Association (MERA) and the industry’s most prestige’s marketing and buying group.
Did you know?
- Rated 'Best Place to Have Installation Work' by "Installation News Magazine".
- Audio / Video Retailer of the Year for 19 years.
- Head installer named “Best Installer in America” by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
- Reps are factory trained by manufacturers such as Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer.